Primary Source Fijian Government
Suva Lockdown Information
Thursday April 02, 2020, 17:46pm
Following the announcement of the 2 new confirmed cases today, the Suva area from Delanavesi bridge, Sawani junction and Nausori bridge is to be under lockdown from 5am April 3rd in Fiji's effort to contain the transmission of COVID-19.
Key points from the Prime Minister's Statement (view full statement)
Suva area starting from the Delainavesi Bridge on the Queen’s Road, the Sawani Junction, and the Nausori Bridge will be on lockdown for a period of 14 days starting from 5am tomorrow morning.
Within the greater Suva confined area:
- The greater public will not be allowed in or out, only those travelling for medical purposes will be allowed through checkpoints.
- All non-essential businesses will be closed.
- Supermarkets and shops selling food will remain open.
- Restaurants can remain open, so long as they cut seating capacity below 20 people, practice safe physical distancing between tables and at queues, and must focus on takeaway and delivery orders.
- Banks will remain open so that people can get money.
- Pharmacies will remain open so that people can get medicine.
- FNPF will remain open so that people can access funds.
- Given some Fijians need to seek specialised treatment at facilities in Suva, the checkpoints will allow these individuals who need to undergo surgery or receive kidney dialysis treatment.
List of essential services to remain open during the Suva lockdown (view original post):
- Air and rescue services
- Air traffic control services, civil aviation
- Telecommunication services
- Food and sanitary manufacturing plants
- Electricity services
- Emergency services, fire services, health and hospital services
- Lighthouse services, meteorological services
- Mine pumping, ventilation and winding
- Sanitary services
- Supply and distribution of fuel and gas, power
- Garbage collection
- Transport services
- Water and sewage services
- FNPF and FRCS, civil service.
- Private security services.
- Roading services.